I completely forgot to post these pictures, I just wanted to share with my readers what I’ve bought this week for produce. I got all of these ingredients at H-mart, a gigantic Korean based super market in Carrolton, TX. It is hard to not want to buy everything there!
So far I have used the Lotus Root, Yucca and Ginger — the recipe I will be posting later today will be featuring the 3 types of mushrooms: King Oyster, Shiitake, and Porcini. The best way to store mushrooms so they do not become dried out or slimy would be in paper bags. I also keep ginger in a paper bag along with any dried goods. They keep condensation from occurring but can still maintain proper moisture levels for your produce.
I would also like to thank the following people for giving me these wonderful awards!
Anncoo, thank you for giving me this wonderful award. I am happy to have met you and thoroughly enjoy frequenting your site for all the wonderful creations you make, especially your cakes! Everyone please take the time to visit Anncoo from Singapore, one of the most talented food bloggers I know! I would like to share this award with all of my fellow blogger friends that take the time and effort to post their wonderful creations and sharing it with the world. You guys rock 🙂
Shelly, thank you for passing this award along, it means so much that you thought of me! Shelly and her partner Brian have a wonderful blog that showcases their culinary experiments in the kitchen from the Big Apple. She is so talented with her creations in the kitchen and her photography is superb as well, please be sure to check out her site!
I think as a rule for this award you’re suppose to list 7 random facts? This should be interesting…here it goes:
1. When I eat colored candies, I have to organize them by color and then I eat them in order from least favorite to favorite.
2. When I was 5 years old, I flew out of a car, almost drowned in someone’s pool (my dad saved me), and had my ankle almost severed because some kid crashed into me with his bike. It was a tough year.
3 . I only own two pairs of flats: my tennis shoes and flip flops, the rest are high heels. (My mother hates this)
4. I am really loud. Like REALLY LOUD. You will never lose me in a crowd–many friends (and probably strangers) can vouch for me.
5. I hate sleeping with my feet tucked into the covers. I always have to have them sticking out or else they overheat. No they really do…
6. I like to break out in random dance in such places like grocery stores, the mall, book store, out at a bar — it depends on my mood. My dances can range from your usual two step or hip hop, sometimes ballet…and my favorite would be the Flap Jack dance. My honey becomes very embarassed especially when I break out in random song AND dance.
7. I hate feet. Almost as much as I hate cockroaches, but feet are gross. I don’t like touching people’s feet or vice versa, I don’t like smelling people’s feet — all around just no feet would be great.
Well now that you’ve learned all of my weird-isms, I’d like to pass this award on to the following friends so I can learn a little more about you 🙂
1. David from Houston Wok– a fellow Houstonian that showcases his wonderful Asian creations at home.
2. Erin from Fresh365 – a wonderful designer from Boston showcases her talent in photography and love for healthy cuisines on her beautiful blog.
3. Dhale from Dhaleb – a bright and talented blogger from California who takes beautiful pictures in her tiny kitchen in NYC. You will be amazed at her creations!
4. Mr.P from Delicious Delicious Delicious – a witty and funny guy from the UK who not only showcases his lovely creations at home but includes posts like how to make your own cake stand to hilarious writings on why the term “foodie” is so faux pas.
5.Betty from Betty’s Bites – a delightfully sweet young girl from Liverpool who chronicles her eating adventures through out England as well as her tasty creations at home.
6. Mary from Keep Learning Keep Smiling – originally from Malaysia, Mary makes not only dishes that are soothing to your body and soul but wonderful stories that accompany her healthy creations.
7.Olive from Latest Recipes – a Phillipino food blogger that has a collection of impressive recipes on her site. She does it all! Anything ranging from seafood to cakes and let’s not forget vidoes too.